Members of the Association are investing in the future of UK motorcycling, by funding the vital work of the MCIA in protecting, promoting and expanding the market. With more members, more initiatives can be funded and we have a greater representative voice. We urge all companies who depend on the motorcycle market to support their industry by becoming a member of the MCIA.
In addition to the collective benefits of membership, there are many individual company benefits
and you can read about them here.
There are two types of MCI membership : Levy and General Members
- Our levy paying members are manufacturers and importers, who pay subscriptions by bike registration levy. The amount of their subscription is reflected in the additional benefits they receive and the governance structure (their automatic place on the Board of Directors*).
- Our general members are Accessory and Component Suppliers and Service Providers, who pay an annual subscription based on their UK, motorcycle related turnover (see Join Us for details of fees).
- Companies specialising in electric and alternative powered two wheelers may choose to become members of the eMCI, which specialises in this developing sector.
- Motorcycle Trainers join the MCITA which specifically represents their needs.
* levy members registering over 1.5% of the UK motorcycle market.