Accreditation Information (For ATBs and instructors)
Committed to higher quality motorcycle training
MCIA RIDE accreditation represents a commitment to delivering higher quality motorcycle rider training, business management and professional standards. It raises accredited schools to a higher level of professionalism, our MCIA RIDE industry approved training logo gives assurances to customers and other stakeholders (e.g. manufacturers, road safety organisations and government departments) that training being delivered is amongst the best in the industry, and customers are guaranteed a quality assured training experience.
Accreditation is not just about what can be seen or experienced directly. It goes well beyond the standard of your training school’s motorcycles, equipment, premises, and instructor qualifications.
MCIA RIDE believe training schools should be provided with the levels of support and engagement needed to make them successful, and you will be assisted every step of the way by our dedicated team. The accreditation extends to all aspects of business and training school management, bringing you a positive return on your investment.
TryRIDE - bringing new business to your door
The MCIA is financing a nationwide campaign, aimed at reaching those who have not yet taken the first step onto 2 wheels. For MCIA RIDE training schools, TryRIDE offers a way to engage with and attract new customers, at no cost to your ATB.
TryRIDE offers prospective new training school customers an opportunity to experience a premium 60 minute taster session, for no more than £50.00. The taster session is managed, delivered, and recorded by your ATB. This exciting initiative will give customers opportunity to engage with MCIA RIDE training schools at the very start of their motorcycling experience.
The accreditation process will require you to analyse every area of your business, identify efficiencies, make improvements that benefit your bottom line, and evaluate training practices to ensure they are the best they can be. The process will help you focus on improving customer satisfaction and MCIA RIDE will provide you with customer feedback showing strengths and any areas for development or improvement. It is an end to end solution for effective business practice. The accreditation is designed to help you:
• Put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction. This can lead to repeat custom, new customers, and increased business for your rider training school.
• Assess the overall context of your business to define who is affected by your training delivery and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities.
• Work in a more efficient way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
• Meet and exceed the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements set by the DVSA and general business ownership. MCIA RIDE accreditation will exceed any future DVSA earned recognition requirements - future proofing your business.
• Identify and address the risks associated with your business. MCIA RIDE have an extensive resource library with business templates for a range of areas including health and safety, training plans/materials, recruitment, information management and many more. This provides a one stop shop for ATB business growth, compliance and legislative requirements.
• Focus on risk-based thinking. MCIA RIDE will help you focus on how to maximise business opportunities whilst controlling identified risks.
• Expand into new markets, MCIA RIDE continue to look for new market opportunities for accredited ATBs; these have included KRTS Elite, Transport for London, Northampton County Council and the newly launched TryRIDE scheme.
In addition to the benefits above, the following can also be enjoyed by MCIA RIDE accredited schools:
Free business leads through MCIA TryRIDE national marketing and SEO
Preferential rates on business-critical insurance
Free basic CRM, Diary Management and online booking via VideoBiker and In-Contact
Access to a library of essential training school documents, policies, procedures and records
Business help and guidance (including employment law and health and safety)
Industry recognised business programmes for ATB owners and Instructors
MCIA RIDE ATB owners and instructors benefit from access to two Quality Assured Programmes (QAP). These are:
(1) Rider Training Industry Competence for ATB Owners and,
(2) Motorcycle Rider Training Instruction (MRTI) for Instructors*
These are ‘Level 3’ programmes and are equivalent to A Levels. Completion of these programmes will usually take around 12 months.
Instructor Professional Status Register
Our professional status register recognises those instructors who have undertaken the MRTI programme to further their development. We believe the MRTI programme is the most detailed and challenging instructor programme in the UK. Those shown on the register have been assessed against seven National Occupational Standards (NOS) for motorcycle rider training, making them among the most informed and capable instructors in the industry.
MCIA RIDE - Accountable to higher standards
MCIA RIDE (formerly MCIAC) has been an Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) approved Accreditation Centre since June 2013. The IMI visit MCIA RIDE annually to ensure that we continue to meet their stringent standards, so you can be sure that courses and quality assurance regimes are both relevant and robust. MCIA RIDE delivers high quality training for both DVSA Approved Training Bodies (ATBs) and their certified instructors, and are ISO 9001:2015 registered (The international standard for quality).
The IMI is the UK’s leading awarding body for the retail motor industry, who partner with expert working groups to ensure IMI industry-recognised qualifications and programmes are relevant and sector-specific. Recognised by governments and education authorities around the world, IMI qualifications and programmes are available at centres in Europe, the Middle East, China and South East Asia. This commitment by IMI to high standards and professionalism aligns perfectly to the MCIA RIDE accreditation scheme.
Join MCIA RIDE and become accredited
If you would like to know more about the benefits to your business of becoming an MCIA RIDE accredited training school or Instructor, please contact us on 02476 408000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.