Motorcycle Rider Training Instruction
The Quality Assured Programme (QAP) of Motorcycle Rider Training Instruction (MRTI) is a bespoke training program for DVSA certified motorcycle training instructors who are working within an MCIA RIDE accredited ATB and is approximately equivalent to a Level 3, i.e. A-level standard.
Recognised programme of development for instructors
The MRTI programme is designed to build on the existing knowledge of DVSA certified instructors who have already demonstrated competency in the delivery of CBT and DAS programmes.
The course provides training on supervision and instructor monitoring, how to meet standards’ checks requirements, understanding learning styles, and developing bespoke programmes of training for customers by using the National Standards for Riding, and Rider Training Instruction. On successful completion of the programme MRTIs will be shown on the MCIA RIDE Professional Status Register.
The seven modules of the MRTI QAP are:
- Demonstrate a developed understanding of the National Standard for Riding (Category A) and the Highway Code
- Demonstrate developed riding competence through advanced riding
- Prepare to train learner riders ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Design learning programmes for learner riders
- Enable safe and responsible riding
- Manage risk to trainer, learner and third parties
- Provide professional customer service in the rider training industry
Join MCIA RIDE and become accredited
If you would like to know more about the benefits to your business and customers of becoming an MCIA RIDE accredited training school and/or instructor, please contact us.